12.09.2004

CentraCal

This just in, I hate Sacramento. Maybe not hate. Oh wait, yes I do. I just spent the past 72 hours on a whirlwind tour of Sacramento and Fresno and I might be fighting the whole area. It's flat, boring, and large cities are focused around industrial complexes. Maybe just Bakersfield on that last part, but seriously, why do people live in the places they do up there? Giant houses less than 20 yards from freeways, giant houses 6 feet apart, small houses in the middle of fields, etc, etc, etc.

Forgive me Central California, for I harbor ill will towards you. If only you were more like Oregon, or San Francisco, or LA, maybe people would like you more. Not just for your cheap housing and general proximity to nicer places, but for you, in all of your farming glory and flat land. I worry for you CentraCal, because I don't think you know the difference. I think you're so consumed with making friends you don't realize they don't really like you, they just like that you get them closer to the really cool cities.

It's just something to think about. Maybe you should get a real sports team or some technological center or some mountains or something. Then you would be liked for your possessions at least and not your placement in the social structure. Just a thought.

No comments: