12.04.2004

Fidel in the army get-up

The title comes from some friends in high school. They saw a guy named Fidel wearing some camo or something and said, "And there's Fidel in the army get-up." They thought it was very funny. I didn't, but I did like the phrase. It's one of those things that's funnier out of context.

We went to a show last night. Chris Seals and his band Crescent Drive played at a bar in Whittier. They really have a good sound and it was nice to get away from the Azusa/Glendora sphere of influence. There's a lot of drama going on with most of my friends right now. Everybody either is self-medicating, falling in love, falling out of love, or finding that they aren't exactly what they want to be. It's very interesting to see, but only because it's not me. I know there is purpose behind it, and Wayne says they're going through it because victory is near. Victory to me means something different than it does to him, so I let it slide.

I am supposed to be working on a bibliography for my theology class. I don't have a topic yet so that's a hard thing to do. So I pray about it and hope that before tomorrow night something piques my interest. We'll see. It should be easy to find a topic about God and mankind that I could write about, but I want to get a lot out of it, and that means it must mean a lot to me before I can invest myself, and I don't know what about God I want to know more about. Uggh. Faith is complicated if I let it be.

Time to make the donuts. Secrest out.

No comments: