1.03.2005

Nappy Yew Hear

I'm not funny. But here's the deal:

I'm playing a game called the Chronicles of Riddick and I'm saddened at how involved with the game I am. I actually feel like I'm inside the game while I'm playing. Makes me scared. The game, that is, not the fact that the lines between reality and fiction have been eerily erased. No, just the fact that I have a physiological response to this game and that I interact with it scares me. It's different than being scared in a movie. Imagine that you can control a character in a movie. There is an emotional connection, no matter how faint, and that can end up controlling you instead. The point is, whoever says media doesn't control us is lying. They are big fat liars.

My wife is in Arizona right now and I'm not. That's cute. She is having fun with her family while I waste away on the couch. My own doing I'm sure.

We got a new car. The Pontiac sold to the transmission guy in western Phoenix for $300 and we are now driving a Camry. Good times and probably more reliable. We really enjoy it and I'm looking forward to having fun with it.

Not a lot else is happening. The work days melt by like stones in the cold and I'm tired from the lack of happenings. Oh well.

Peace.

No comments: