7.14.2005

You don't know what it's like to love somebody

It is July 14. That's a lot.

Danielle and I went to the Billy Corgan show last night. It was rad. There was an opener for him called Doris Henson and they had a pretty good set. Their lead singer looked like Justin Anderson. But Billy's show was incredible. I really don't think his new album is all that great, but there was so much energy he had and he had a great stage presence. As soon as the Pumpkins get back together (http://www.zwanmusic.org/newsarchive/381.html) Danielle and I will go to that show too.

By the way, I have Coldplay tickets for their shows in August in Irvine. If interested, please email me. I think we might end up going to one of them but who knows.

I had lunch today with Mike Devries. He's a great guy and a good thinker. He's spent a lot of time being kicked in the nuts by the church but I have a feeling that by now he's getting used to it. And if not, it seems his skin will thicken soon. I truly don't think he's saying anything heretical, but no one likes to change.

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be. I like the idea of teaching (high school) but that means more schooling and more time. And I like the masters I'm pursuing now, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

And I feel fed up with work. Several decisions (and decision makers) have been difficult lately there and the struggles that exist in any organization are starting to bother me. Last night Danielle and I were talking and I decided that I'll leave MO in spring after she passes her licensure. But who knows if that will happen. I'm not sure if I just need to know the end is in sight or if I truly intend to leave.

God is in my life, but to what degree, I don't know. May I decrease and may He increase. That is my faith now. That is all the faith I own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is the coldplay concert the one on august 21? that will be an amazing event. good job michael.