11.07.2005

Give me a kiss to build a dream on

We're talking about ministry in class tonight. Of course we are.

I talked with a guy named Tim today about teaching. He said that he's dropping out of the MACE program in December to start the credential program somewhere. I got excited talking to him about that, I guess because he was someone who was doing it. I don't know if it's what I want to do, but part of me thinks that because I'm young, I could try something like this and go for it. He seemed shocked that I had passed the CSET on the first try, and something inside of me thinks that I know the content well enough to teach high schoolers. Maybe we'll see.

Becky and Adam moved this weekend. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. I actually had fun helping them, and now I'm really excited to have them so close. It should be fun. Maybe we'll see.

I've been fasting on Mondays still and I'm starting to enjoy it, kind of. Today's theme was learning to control my body, not the other way around. I'm starting to view my physical body as a tool for God, and that's cool for me. Maybe someday I can work that out some more.

Today in the cohort we listened to Rob Bell on some videoconference thing that was taped about four months ago. It was interesting and though I haven't been completely swept into the Rob Bell cult, I did think he had some good things to say. He talked a lot about the contextualization of the Bible and how it was a living book. Anyway, it made me think that I should incorporate true study into my Bible reading. I should look into the historical context and geographical context and other things. I think I'm going to make it official someday soon.

That's all. More later.

No comments: