1.11.2006

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you

Today I met with the director of the master of arts in religion at APU. I think I'm going to go for it. I'll have to drop a couple of classes that I'm currently enrolled in, and a pair of classes from last semester will essentially disappear and count for crap, but I think this degree will be better for me. It seems like it will be more marketable wherever I go and that if I do end up in a church or ministry, it will still be applicable.

I feel like I should pray about it, but all I feel when I pray is a sense of empowerment to make my own decisions. Does a sense of empowerment mean God has given it to me? Or does it mean I am numb to God? My Pentecostal friends would say to use the spirit of discernment, but I really don't know what that is. This feels right. But lots of other things have felt right, like buying a mountain bike I've rarely used. I guess if I look back over my life, the big decisions were ones that I wanted to happen and found confirmation of God's involvement by the way they turned out. On the other hand, I truly don't think we can do things out of God's control, so maybe it doesn't matter what I do. If I want to do it, I will.

It's settled then. I'll waffle a little more and then decide to do it. Gooooo me!

No comments: