2.09.2006

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

It has been a while since I posted. That's embarassing. To whom, I don't know, but I bet someone is really embarassed right now.

I was going to post about my pride because I think I remember getting in some disagreement or something. Oh yeah, I was at the Coldplay concert and trying to sell my tickets and a couple of guys outside ("professional" scalpers) were much more aggressive than I was. I kept on thinking that I should be like them to sell my tickets, but I just could not stop thinking about was if I looked cool or not throughout the whole thing. And then I kept thinking about it the whole night.

What if I didn't? What if I wasn't so concerned about what people thought about me? How would my life be different? And I don't mean in just the commercial cliche "life your own life" kind of crap. What if I were not afraid of humankind? Holy crud that would be incredible. I think that makes Jesus so much more incredible (or Gandhi, or MLK, or etc) to me because it is such a rare thing. To be able to shed the cultural, social, and personal skins that keep all of us following each other around aimlessly is so far removed from where I am that I can barely understand it. Maybe someday.

Someone else stood in the middle of the road while I drove by. He eyed me too. It seems to be haunting me (cf. this day) all over the place. Maybe I'll hit someone someday.

Time for learning. Peace.

No comments: