3.10.2006

I love the money and the girls and the shame of life

The title is from a Butthole Surfer songs. "Now, with more flavor!"

Our video project is moving forward. The boys at Chronicle Project have taken it upon themselves to raise funds to get this done, and that is an incredible step forward. That means we won't be tied to our own fundraising efforts and that they can move as they want.

Yesterday I went to court. I lost. On the plus side, it didn't cost me anything more. On the minus side, I didn't get my $351 back. Poo on everyone.

Apparently a group of Japanese people killed themselves after meeting on the internet. I mean, after all meeting on the internet, they decided to kill themselves and then did. It's a very odd side-effect of having access to the world. I've spent the last 8 minutes reading news reports of similar cases (there's one from PHX were a 21 year old student kills himself while people watch him on his webcam) and it's very eerie. The fact that 1) we don't see death other than through a screen and 2) we kill ourselves and broadcast it, leads me to believe that something is off. I don't like feeling uncomfortable and death definitely makes me feel that way. Oh well. Death and taxes, right?

Peace to all. March is a busy month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schoon,

Too bad about the $351. My parents still tease Jeff about a $350 ticket he got on Thanksgiving day a couple of years ago. He wanted green bean casserole and we didn't have the ingredients. Ran a red light. Go figure. The man loves green bean casserole.

Secondly, that whole issue of seeing into other people's lives and not recognizing it as reality is more than a little disturbing. It's like people must spend days at a time playing video games and think "OK. I must have an extra life somewhere. Let's see what happens..."

Anyway, that's all the profundity I have at this moment.
Happy whatever,
Lori