1.20.2005

The theology of procrastination

So I'm supposed to be writing a theology paper. But clearly, I'm not. I'm focusing on the "right" of God to be a judge and it's a pretty rough topic. But I am better understanding the depths of his love, which is odd considering I'm studying hell. Why do people go to hell if He is a loving God? Because He's a loving God. He gives us the right to deny him now and forever and if that's not love, to be consistently denied by your own creation, I don't know what is. It's like waking up each morning, letting your wife cheat on you because she has chosen to and repeating the process for all eternity. It blows me away that God loves us that much.

Update on the heart: I'm still not dead.

Update on my weight: Still too high, but I'm gonna try a circuit training thing they have at the local junior college.

Update on my wife: Very busy with school, still loves me. I think. We've been kinda snotty to each other lately. It'll pass. We love each other too much to let it stay with us for too much longer.

Update on my dog: Still smaller than me.

Update on my family: Still Schoons.

Update on my friends: Still drunk. Ever since the trampoline thing, life just hasn't been the same.

That's my take, and I'm not taking it back.

No comments: