4.08.2005

I got sunshine in a bag

Sitting before me right now is a medical book with the page opened to a section on colostomies. Very interesting. Apparently, a single-barrel colostomy is usually permanent, while double-barrel and loop colostomies are reversible. So if you are ever offered an option, take the loop. It will be well worth it.

I play a lot of Halo 2 online now. I think I'm developing a problem, though, so I'm only going to play it when I want to have fun, not just because I want to improve my online rating. Which isn't that good anyway, but I have a fairly competitive nature in video games and want to be the best. Which is why I cheat if I can. It doesn't violate morals if it's virtual.

If anyone asks, as of right now, our computer has no spyware on it. Tell the kids.

Danielle and I talked about abortion today. I still don't know how I feel about it. She asked me if I could work in an abortion clinic as a nurse. I said I didn't think so. It would be hard for me. Yes, I do object to it but at what level? Is it okay if the mother's life is at risk? If it is a rape victim? If it is before the first trimester is over? I object to humans being murdered; when is the fetus a human? At conception? It's just such a hot topic, which makes it harder to talk about rationally, and it was hard for us to find a relevant comparison so we just quit.

I'm getting better at listening. I'm getting better at letting questions be questions and discussion happening without giving my input. I think I'm the smartest person alive but that's not the way it is, and sometimes, people don't need an answer, they just need to ask the questions. It seems like I just assume that if I have all the answers to any imagined question then people will listen. And today's world just isn't like that. I have to be okay with the questions just existing and having opinions and views being dynamic. Even my own.

Lord help me see the truth as more than just an answer, but the question as well. May I value the pursuit of truth just as much as the answer, and trust in You to guide people where they belong. May I live and believe that all truth is God-breathed. Amen.

No comments: