5.30.2005

I got a stolen wife and a rhinestone life

I'm listening to Beck's "Odelay" album. If you have a chance, listen to the commentary about empty life on the song Sissyneck. I want to make a video about it. And I'm still listening to the Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots." The first song on the album, Fight Test, is so beautiful as it builds in intesity and describes the narrator's attempt at pacifism. It starts out with a distorted voice saying, "The test begins now," as though he felt was being tested on his beliefs and failed.

In other news, I think I'm going to be a teacher. After having today off (Memorial Day), I thought, "I really enjoy having time off. Teacher's have time off. I want to be a teacher." Yesterday at a graduation party I was watching a slideshow about cross-country and thought, "It would be fun to coach cross-country." So that makes it two thoughts in two days about a career. That's a lot for me. I guess those aren't the best reasons to begin teaching, but I think that those perks could win me over quickly.

CO was fun. It was short but seeing the family again was cool. It's hard because I know that I'll see them again in a couple weeks, so there wasn't the desire to spend a lot of time together because I always assumed that next time we'll get to hang out more. It was funny like that.

And I learned that my dad and brother talked about my topic of sex on this blog. Which is funny because I mentioned it once in passing. And I've said more about God on this blog than anything else. I hope that they talk about faith, too.

That's all. Time for class. I'm out.

No comments: