1.26.2006

It's come to kill us all

In class we're talking about plausibility structures. Apparently this phrase is allowed to define something within our minds that gives us the ability to find something plausible. I don't get it.

In other news, I hope the Pumpkins are coming out of retirement. There's an odd site up that talks about some new album. And there's a rumor floating around that the Pumpkins will play Coachella. Hahahahaha. The plot thickens.

Danielle and I love each other very much and are still working out things. There are just distinct layers of vulnerability that she and I haven't breached before and though it's liberating, it is raw. It's like coming out of the cave and being blinded by the sun; it's worth it, but it stings.

I am becoming more vocal in the office about theology. I'm starting to understand that there are certain things I can bring to that office that others simply cannot. Today George and I talked about a sentence he threw into a letter that said "The spirit enters at the point of salvation." We had a chance to discuss that for a few moments and I felt like he listened to me. I've always been intimidated by him, mostly because he's a louder voice than I am. However, I'm starting to realize that all we are just people. who are right sometimes and wrong sometimes, and it doesn't matter who likes me or doesn't like me. I can enter discussion, emerge wrong, and still be whole. I don't like being wrong, though, and I pray that I find humility.

Time to learn. Peace to all.

No comments: