12.05.2005

I guess we'll just have to adjust

It has been a good week, but I promise that I haven't done this much schoolwork in about three years. I have a 15 page paper due on Wednesday and a history of my local church was due tonight. So that went well.

Yesterday there was a good meeting about Revolution. We got to brainstorm how to actively embrace the community and reflect Christ better. A lot of cool ideas came up and I was refreshed with the opportunity to work alongside God to transform lives. After our two hour meeting, we came back to the actual Revolution meeting. I ran into Jesse Pazos, who is selling all of his worldly possessions and going to "live by faith." I don't think I could do that. But it was really interesting to see someone who is.

Anyway, at our meeting, we talked for a long time about the revolutionary life of Christ. Then we talked about the needs of the community and how to address that. Then, we looked at the needs of the group to see how we could address those. There is a woman named Paola in our group (who came for the first time) who has plenty of needs right now. I want to adopt her bus fare for a month while she works to earn money while she waits for her greencard to be processed. I can't really put into words how impressive it was to see people thinking about one another in regards to an actual revolution. It was neat. I am hopeful.

Class is rough. There is no incentive to listen to the professor aside from a desire to learn. Which is not a big enough incentive when I have other things to do. For more on incentives, see
Levitt and Dubner. Oh well. Time to not pay attention.

No comments: